STATUS: Closed / Reviewing / Interviewing
POSITION OPENING: Admissions Representative DEPARTMENT: Admissions
DATE: October 21, 2016 POSITION: Full-time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (Administrator) CLOSING DATE: November 4, 2016
POSITION SUMMARY: Conduct outreach and manage all recruiting efforts for one of the geographic regions in the US.
- Bachelor’s degree required; business/ international business, academic counseling, or secondary education majors preferred. One (1) year prior sales/marketing or recruiting experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, email and web-based applications; proficient or ability to become proficient with Ellucian Recruiter, Datatel Colleague or other University enrollment software.
- Must understand and clearly articulate the mission of the university.
- Must understand the academic and co-curricular programs of the university.
- Must be enthusiastic, goal oriented, self-motivated and have excellent time-management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; public peaking experience as well as dynamic presentation skills
- Discipline to work independently with little supervision.
- Must demonstrate competence to work in a team environment, meeting deadlines.
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer service to our students.
- Ability to foster good relationships with co-workers, faculty, corporate contact, and students.
- Overnight travel, evening hours, and weekends are required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license.
- Commitment to implementing the vision, mission, and values of a Catholic, Jesuit, university.
- Primarily and independently responsible for coordinating all outreach and student recruiting activities in an assigned area and niche markets to include: selecting, scheduling, arranging and completing visits to high schools, college fairs and select recruiting events. Activities and schools will be selected by the assigned individual in compliance with departmental objectives. Determines how to recruit an incoming class and how to increase awareness of degree programs.
- Primarily and independently responsible for counseling students and parents on how WJU fits their needs by accurately representing the University’s history, policies, programs, activities, costs, available financial aid, billing, and registration at WJU through phone calls, on campus interviews, and tours or off campus meetings with prospective students.
- Primarily and independently responsible for reviewing student transcripts, academic records, standardized test results, and participation in extra-curricular activities to assess student “fit” with University requirements; completes recommendations on highly qualified students.
- Primarily and independently responsible for advising and assisting students and parents on financial aid and billing at the University; determining if financial aid packages should be offered to potential students and the amounts of such financial aid that should be made available for potential University students; communicates with students and parents and recommends modification of financial aid packages for students; expedites financial aid process to obtain acceptance
- Primarily and independently responsible to communicate both verbally and in writing with prospective students; continues communications through leads, inquiries, applications, accepted students, and deposited students to ensure yield rates.
- Responsible for attending admissions open houses or on campus recruiting activities; assists in the successful coordination of these events.
- Responsible to prepare detailed trip/recruiting reports and reimbursement requests for Admissions leadership.
- Other duties may be assigned by the Executive VP or designee.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Application material must include:
- Letter of application outlining how qualifications and experience will enable the candidate to carry out the essential functions of the position and advance the Mission of Wheeling Jesuit University
- Current resume
- Contact information for three to five references
Mail to: Wheeling Jesuit University
Director of Human Resources or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
316 Washington Avenue
Wheeling WV 26003
WHEELING JESUIT IS A CATHOLIC, JESUIT INSTITUTION DEDICATED TO PROVIDING STUDENTS WITH AN EDUCATION FOR “LIFE, LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE.”
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN