STATUS: Accepting applications through "Closing Date" listed herein.
POSITION OPENING: Admissions Representative DEPARTMENT: Enrollment / Admissions
DATE: March 26, 2015 POSITION: Full-time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (Administrative) CLOSING DATE: April 17, 2015
POSITION SUMMARY: Conduct outreach and student recruitment through phone calls, written correspondence and travel. Also, review student applications, tour the campus for students and conduct follow-up activities and evaluations.
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in business, academic counseling or secondary education. One to two years prior sales/marketing experience preferred.
- Must understand and clearly articulate the mission of the university.
- Must understand the academic and co-curricular programs of the university.
- Must be enthusiastic, goal oriented and self-motivated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; public peaking experience as well as dynamic presentation skills in large and small groups.
- Discipline to work independently with little supervision.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Must demonstrate competence to work in a team environment, meeting deadlines.
- Ability to successfully and simultaneously complete multiple tasks.
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer service to our students.
- Ability to foster good relationships with co-workers, faculty, corporate contact, and students.
- Overnight travel and evening hours are required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Coordinate all outreach and student recruiting in an assigned area and niche markets to include: selecting, scheduling, arranging and completing visits to high schools, college fairs and select recruiting events.
- Develop and maintain continuous communications with prospective students via phone, written correspondence and other social media.
- Counsel students and parents on how Wheeling Jesuit University fits their needs by accurately representing Wheeling Jesuit’s history, policies, programs, activities, cost, etc. through phone calls, on-campus interviews and tours, or off-campus meetings with prospective students.
- Advise and assist students and parents on financial aid, billing and registration at Wheeling Jesuit University.
- Attend all admissions open houses or on campus activities and assists in the successful coordination of these events.
- Review student transcripts, academic records, standardized test results and participation in extra-curricular activities to assess student “fit” with University requirements.
- Prepare detailed trip / recruiting activity reports including all expenses and submits as required.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Application material must include:
- Letter of application which should also include a section addressing how the candidate will seek to advance the mission of the university
- Current resume
- Contact information for three to five professional references
Wheeling Jesuit University
Director of Human Resources or firstname.lastname@example.org
316 Washington Avenue
Wheeling WV 26003
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN