STATUS: Closed / Reviewing / Interviewing
POSITION OPENING: Communications Coordinator DEPARTMENT: Enrollment / Admissions
DATE: February 21, 2014 POSITION: Full-time
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt (Staff) CLOSING DATE: March 7, 2014
POSITION SUMMARY: Coordinate the efforts and responsibilities of the Admissions Call Center. The Coordinator will lead and assist a team of Admissions student associates responsible for contacting, engaging and encouraging prospective students through the admissions process via telephone, computer and written communications.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of one year relevant experience in higher education and/or student services
- High level of computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, as well as familiarity with the Internet and email programs
- Familiarity with the University’s student information systems, Datatel Recruiter (CRM) and Datatel Colleague to conduct various enrollment processes preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate efficiently and effectively
- Excellent organizational skills, prioritize, and manage a workload both independently and as part of a team
- Prior experience training and providing work direction to others
- Must demonstrate professionalism, patience, and sound judgment
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Lead a team of up to fourteen (14) admissions student associates who engage prospective students, four evenings per week Monday through Thursday and Friday day.
- Manage all written and verbal communications with prospective students.
- Ensure quality and compliance in all operations and in proper representation of WJU.
- Understand, maintain, adhere to, and comply with all applicable federal, state and accreditation policies in addition to all WJU policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective use of technology including Datatel Recruiter (CRM) and Datatel Colleague.
- Plan and conduct effective training sessions and staff meetings.
- Create, maintain and report qualitative and quantitative departmental data.
- Ensure a high level of program and technical knowledge throughout the admissions student associate team.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Application material must include:
- Letter of application describing your relevant experience
- Current resume
- Contact information for three to five references
Wheeling Jesuit University
Director of Human Resources or email@example.com
316 Washington Avenue
Wheeling WV 26003
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN