STATUS: CLosed / Reviewing / Interviewing
POSITION OPENING: Dean of Undergraduate Admissions DEPARTMENT: Admissions
DATE: July 30, 2014 POSITION: Full-time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (Administrator) CLOSING DATE: August 20, 2014
POSITION SUMMARY: The Dean of Undergraduate Admissions will oversee the office of Undergraduate Admissions, develop and implement recruitment strategies, and perform special projects and assignments as determined by the Vice President for Academic Affairs. The position will have primary responsibility for developing and implementing a strategic recruiting process subsequent to approval by the Senior Leadership Team of the University.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred, with a minimum of eight (8) years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- A proven track record in meeting admissions goals.
- Knowledge of University admissions’ standards, student recruitment, financial aid, and retention strategies is required.
- Ability to plan, develop, and implement marketing strategies and programs; including creating, composing, and editing written materials.
- Demonstrated knowledge in strategic planning and process.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills.
- Responsible for recruiting spring and fall semester classes including incoming, transfer, readmit, and international students to fulfill the University’s annual, strategic, admissions goals.
- Do quantitative analysis to 1) diagnose current enrollment trends and to identify and implement best practices; 2) conduct territory analysis and establish regional goals in support of University strategic admissions goals; and 3) determine the appropriate use of technology in the recruitment process.
- Facilitate campus-wide communications, partnerships, and problem-solving with the purpose of improving student recruitment and retention.
- Represent the Admissions Office to internal / external audiences; deliver presentations to prospective students, parents, and alumni promoting the University’s mission, identity, and education attributes.
- Hire, supervise, and appraise undergraduate Admission Counselors. Provide training and mentor Counselors to develop tactics that support the University’s strategic admissions goals.
- Develop publications and correspondence to support the recruitment of prospective students; travel to college fairs and high schools with Admissions’ Counselors to train, teach, and coach on recruiting best practices as well as strengthen partnerships with constituencies who help us recruit students to the university.\
- Oversee the campus visitation and student ambassador program through the campus visit/events coordinator.
- Serve as a primary contact for the Alumni in the Admissions Program.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Application material must include:
- Letter of application describing your relevant experience and a section addressing how the candidate will seek to advance the University’s mission.
- Current resume
- Contact information for five professional references
Wheeling Jesuit University
Director of Human Resources or firstname.lastname@example.org
316 Washington Avenue
Wheeling WV 26003
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN