STATUS: Closed / Reviewing / Interviewing
POSITION OPENING: Assistant Professor/Program Coordinator, MEL
DEPARTMENT: Professional Education
DATE: May 25, 2016 POSITION: Full-time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (Faculty) CLOSING DATE: June 22, 2016
POSITION SUMMARY: Full-time, licensed faculty member with academic rank and normal full-time teaching load per semester; will also serve as the MEL Program Coordinator responsible to oversee all aspects of the general operation of the WJU Master’s in Education Leadership (MEL) program in conjunction with the director.
- Ph.D./Ed.D. in Education required and five (5) to eight (8) years experience in Education Administration
- Must hold a State licensure as a Principal, Superintendent and Supervisor of Instruction
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, email and web-based applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License required; travel to local schools as needed
- Commitment to implementing the vision, mission, and values of a Catholic, Jesuit, university
- Primarily responsible to establish a framework that ensures high-quality, graduate residency experiences for Wheeling Jesuit University (WJU) Master’s Degree candidates including interviewing, assigning and directing students; completing background screenings; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving issues; developing and utilizing appropriate forms; submission of all required reports and paperwork and program completion and licensure eligibility.
- Responsible to submit the appropriate travel and expense forms per WJU guidelines.
- Responsible to develop positive working relationships with teachers, instructional coaches, principals, superintendents and other school administrators in which WJU students may be placed.
- Coordinate with designated personnel to establish and implement a systematic method and timeline for the collection, summarization, analysis, communication, and use of data for student and program improvement.
- Collaborate with PED and WJU personnel, instructional coaches, school administrators, and others for program improvement.
- Represent WJU in a positive and professional way; promote WJU and its students to internal and external constituents.
- Assist the director in ensuring the program meets state and national accreditation standards and in preparation for program reviews, as well as other PED related initiatives, including:
- Maintain awareness of Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) developments and communicate same to PED personnel;
- Provide databased recommendations for improvement to the PED based on state and national accreditation requirements and approval expectations;
- Monitor CAEP, CARs (Curriculum Analysis Reports), and SPA (Specialized Professional Association) standards and provide updates to PED personnel;
- Coordinate database management and reporting requirements for the PED;
- Provide leadership and technical expertise in developing and maintaining the research functions of the PED;
- Enhance the unit system of assessment, department strategic planning, data-driven administrative and academic decision-making, and program accreditation.
- Other relevant duties may be assigned by the PED Director or designee.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Application material must include:
- Letter of application outlining how qualifications and experience will enable the candidate to carry out the essential functions of the position and advance the Mission of Wheeling Jesuit University
- Current resume
- Contact information for three to five references
- Mail to:
Wheeling Jesuit University
Director of Human Resources or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
316 Washington Avenue
Wheeling WV 26003
WHEELING JESUIT IS A CATHOLIC, JESUIT INSTITUTION DEDICATED TO PROVIDING STUDENTS WITH AN EDUCATION FOR “LIFE, LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE.”
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN