POSITION OPENING: Assistant/Associate Professor DEPARTMENT: Physical Therapy
DATE: November 28, 2011 POSITION: Full-Time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (Faculty) CLOSING DATE: December 9, 2011
SUMMARY: This is a full-time twelve month faculty position. The Department of Physical Therapy offers the Doctor of Physical Therapy degree and features the unique Problem Based Learning curricular model which has been successful in producing graduates with exceptional abilities for critical analysis, problem solving, communication and proactive involvement in healthcare. The local, regional and international service learning component of the curriculum is another highlight adding to the attributes of this program and making it a national model.
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D., Ed.D, D.Sc, and DPT) or have a formal plan in place for the acquisition of said degree. An academic doctorate is preferred.
- Must demonstrate a history of teaching experience in physical therapy.
- Expertise in neurology and/or geriatrics is also preferred.
- Must possess or be eligible for licensure in the state of West Virginia.
CLOSING DATE: A review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Application material must include:
• Letter describing interest in and qualifications for the position.
• Three references to:
Wheeling Jesuit University
Director of Human Resources
316 Washington Avenue
Wheeling WV 26003
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN.