POSITION OPENING: Flight Director DEPARTMENT: Challenger Learning Center
DATE: January 1, 2017 POSITION: Part-time
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt (Staff) CLOSING DATE: June 30, 3017
Wheeling Jesuit University is currently accepting applications for Flight Directors for the Challenger Learning Center to facilitate educational programs with children of all grade levels in our state-of-the-art spacecraft simulators and through our distance learning programs called e-Missions and e-Labs. For more information on our programs, go to http://www.e-missions.net; http://www.e-missions.net/elabs; or http://clc.cet.edu . All applicants must possess the following:
- Background and/or interest in space science or general science
- Familiarity with using computers or other technology in the classroom
- Ability to manage diverse groups of children and facilitate activities in a classroom/simulated environment
- Ability to quickly establish a good rapport with students while delivering programs and activities in a fast-paced environment within a set schedule
- Must be available to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and weekends
- Previous experience working with / teaching children in a structured program environment is preferred
- Ability to speak fluent Spanish is a plus but not mandatory
All applicants must provide the following (preferably in one packet or email):
- A completed application (the application may be completed on-line or printed and submitted with the applicants packet of material);
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (cv);
- A list of references to include three (3) personal references and contacts at all prior places of employment listed on the c.v.
All applications will be pre-screened; qualified applicants will be interviewed. Those individuals who are successful will be notified. Individuals may be called on short-notice and asked to fly a mission; acceptance of an assignment is voluntary and refusal does not eliminate the individual from future consideration. All accepted assignments will be compensated on a per hour basis.
Please submit all required information to the Wheeling Jesuit University Human Resource Department at 316 Washington Avenue, Wheeling, WV, 26003. Information may be emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Insure that the packet or subject line on the email clearly identifies the contents as: Flight Director. Packets will be accepted and evaluated and interviews will be ongoing through the period January 1, 2017 - June 30, 2017.
WHEELING JESUIT IS A CATHOLIC, JESUIT INSTITUTION DEDICATED TO PROVIDING STUDENTS WITH AN EDUCATION FOR “LIFE, LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE.”
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN