POSITION OPENING: Graduate Assistant – Student Activities
DEPARTMENT: Residence Life
DATE: August 19, 2014 POSITION: Part-time (10-months)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (Administrator) CLOSING DATE: August 26, 2014
POSITION SUMMARY: The Graduate Assistant for Student Activities is responsible for the day-to-day facilitation of evening and weekend campus events with primary work Wednesday – Saturday evenings. Provide oversight of the on-campus pub and café and work with student leaders. Reports to Director of Student Activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; enrollment in WJU graduate program.
- Prior collegiate student leadership experience.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License, good driving record, comfort driving seven and twelve passenger vehicles.
- Flexibility and commitment to work Wednesday – Saturday evenings throughout the academic semester (including weeks on call), to make one’s home in a campus apartment, and to be engaged in the WJU campus culture.
- Passion for working with college students.
- Availability for full-time work schedule during two weeks of student leadership training, First-Year Connections and Fall Orientation from mid to late August, preferred.
- As available, co-advise the Campus Activity Board, facilitate and chaperone student events, trips, and conferences both on and off campus,
- Be responsible for all Student Activities Office student programming on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights; be prepared to work primarily evenings and weekends; communicate with Director as needed.
- Oversee the daily operation of the RATT, the campus pub and cafe, including weekday and weekend programming.
- Coordinate off-campus transportation shuttles to local venues, including regional day trips and airport shuttles; supervise group of student certified drivers.
- Be available to assist with major campus events, including New Student Orientation, New Cardinal Days, First Blast, Homecoming Weekend, Culture Fest, Last Blast Spring Carnival and Senior/Graduation Week and Graduation.
- Assist Director in booking acts and confirming details of Spring 2015 and Fall 2015 programming schedules.
- Serve as front-line professional staff responder in on-call campus duty rotation for a week at a time, approximately every 3 weeks; requires being available daily Monday-Friday 5pm-8:30am and 24/7 Saturday and Sunday to respond to student emergencies. Enforce and uphold all University policies and regulations to promote safety of residents. File incident reports as needed.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Application material must include:
- Letter of application describing your relevant experience
- Current resume
- Copy of acceptance letter into the Master’s Program at Wheeling Jesuit University
- Contact information for three to five professional references
Wheeling Jesuit University
Director of Human Resources or firstname.lastname@example.org
316 Washington Avenue
Wheeling WV 26003
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN