STATUS: Closed / Reviewing / Interviewing
POSITION OPENING: Graduate Assistant Baseball DEPARTMENT: Athletics
DATE: May 1, 2014 POSITION: Part-time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (Administrative) CLOSING DATE: May 30, 2014
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide assistance to the head coach for tactical play and analysis, inclusive of formations, individual technical advice, and the passing of game knowledge and experience, as well as, enhance team performance.
- Bachelor's degree with a 3.0 cumulative grade point average from a four-year college or university.
- Must be fully accepted into a Master's Degree Program at Wheeling Jesuit University. The position is contingent upon the candidate's actual enrollment in a Master's Program.
- High level playing experience and exposure to professional coaching.
- NCAA Compliance Exam and a valid driverís license.
- Must demonstrate competence working in a team environment, strong leadership abilities, strong interpersonal and motivational skills, customer service orientation, and organizational awareness.
- Establish schedules
- Purchase and store uniforms
- Arrange for medical exams for student-athletes
- Prepare for home games (game management)
- Publicize games
- Coordinate recruiting
- Is available during posted office hours
- Other relevant duties may be assigned
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Application material must include:
- Letter of application describing your relevant experience
- Current resume
- A copy of your full acceptance letter into the Masterís Program at WJU
- Contact information for three to five references
Wheeling Jesuit University
Director of Human Resources or email@example.com
316 Washington Avenue
Wheeling WV 26003
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN