POSITION OPENING: Graduate Assistant, Menís Basketball DEPARTMENT: Athletics
DATE: March 27, 2014 POSITION: Part-time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (Administrative) CLOSING DATE: April 28, 2014
POSITION SUMMARY: The graduate assistant will coach the junior varsity team and will be in charge of tactical play and analysis, inclusive of formations, individual technical advice, and the passing of game knowledge and experience as well as enhance team performance. The graduate assistant will help with the recruitment of student-athletes for the Menís Basketball team.
- Bachelor's degree with a 3.0 cumulative grade point average from a four-year college or university.
- Must be fully accepted into a Master's Degree Program at Wheeling Jesuit University. The position is contingent upon the candidate's actual enrollment in a Master's Program.
- High level of playing experience
- Exposure to professional coaching
- NCAA Certification Exam
- Valid driverís license
- Must demonstrate competence working in a team environment, strong interpersonal and motivational skills, customer service orientation, excellent organizational skills, work ethic, and communication skills.
- Assist in player development both on an individual and team basis.
- Assist with the Varsity team.
- Assess squad and recognize different formations, technical and tactical possibilities, and training sessions and structure training and game situations accordingly. This requires extensive knowledge and experience of games.
- Recognize individual talent for recruiting specific to team requirements through on-going assessment of team performance.
- Structure and participate in specific training and fitness techniques relative to the game.
- Make instant decisions in pressure game situations.
- Set role specific targets by assessing individual players. Inform players of their responsibilities, duties, roles.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Application material must include:
- Letter of application describing your relevant experience
- Current resume
- Contact information for three to five references
- A copy of your full acceptance letter into the Master's Program at Wheeling Jesuit University to:
Wheeling Jesuit University
Director of Human Resources or email@example.com
316 Washington Avenue
Wheeling WV 26003
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN