POSITION OPENING: Graduate Assistant, Softball DEPARTMENT: Athletics
POSTING DATE: June 19, 2014 POSITION: Part-time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (Administrative) CLOSING DATE: July 18, 2014
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide assistance to the head coach for tactical play and analysis, inclusive of formations, individual technical advice, and the passing of game knowledge and experience, as well as, enhance team performance.
- Bachelorís degree with a 3.0 cumulative grade point average from a four-year college or university.
- Must be fully accepted into a Masterís Degree program at Wheeling Jesuit University. The position is contingent upon the candidateís actual enrollment in a Masterís Program.
- High level playing experience and exposure to professional coaching.
- NCAA Compliance Exam and a valid driverís license.
- Must demonstrate competence working in a team environment, strong leadership abilities,srong interpersonal and motivational skills, customer service orientation, and organizational awareness.
- Assist in player development both on an individual and team basis.
- Assess squad and recognizes different formations, technical and tactical possibilities, and training sessions and structure training and game situations accordingly. This requires extensive knowledge and experience of games.
- Recognize individual talent for recruiting specific to team requirements through ongoing assessment of team performance.
- Structure and participate in specific training and fitness techniques relative to the game.
- Manage players and monitors grades and academic progress, supervises and assists in weekly study groups.
- Make instant decisions in pressure game situations
- Set role specific targets by assessing individual players.
- Inform the players of their responsibilities, duties, roles, etc.
- Other relevant duties may be assigned.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Application material must include:
- Letter of application describing your relevant experience
- Current resume
- A copy of your full acceptance letter into the Masterís Program at WJU
- Contact information for three to five references
Wheeling Jesuit University
Director of Human Resources or firstname.lastname@example.org
316 Washington Avenue
Wheeling WV 26003
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN