STATUS: Closed / Reviewing / Interviewing
POSITION OPENING: Graduate Assistant, Sports Information
DATE: January 17, 2014 DEPARTMENT: Athletics
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (Administrative) POSITION: Part-time
CLOSING DATE: March 16, 2014
POSITION SUMMARY: Assist with creating press releases, reporting statistics and in game media relations and web postings.
- Bachelor's degree with a 3.0 cumulative grade point average from a four-year college or university.
- Must be fully accepted into a Master's Degree Program at Wheeling Jesuit University. The position is contingent upon the candidate's actual enrollment in a Master's Program.
- Must be fluent with Microsoft Office Suite technologies.
- Desired technical fluencies include HTML, Adobe Creative Suite and website CMS.
- Experience working with NCAA statistical software including Stat Crew.
- Prior experience with athletic and other event planning and promotion development and execution preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Assist with athletic publications for all athletic teams, including but not limited to schedule posters and cards, media guides and game day programs.
- Write news and feature stories and disseminate them to media outlets.
- Assist with maintaining current team and individual statistics and distribute them to conference offices, the NCAA , and media outlets.
- Assist with coordinating gameday management, activities surrounding home athletic events including: promotion of event and hosting visiting and local media.
- Assist with statistic collection, posting live stats and writing post game news stories following athletic games and disseminating the stories to media outlets and post online.
- Responsible for collecting, cataloging and archiving photos and videos for athletic department.
- Distribute all statistical information before, during and after events to the media, official scorer, CardinalCast and Public Address announcers.
- Assist with maintaining the WJU athletic website.
- Assist with creating and distributing weekly athletic event schedule on campus and email campus community on all home games, cancellations, and make-up dates.
- Promote post season honors for outstanding athletes, coaches and administrator and submit them to the conference office.
- Other duties as assigned.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Application material must include:
- Letter of application describing your relevant experience
- Current resume
- A copy of your full acceptance letter into the Master’s Program at WJU
- Contact information for three to five references
Wheeling Jesuit University
Director of Human Resources or email@example.com
316 Washington Avenue
Wheeling WV 26003