STATUS: Accepting applications through Closing Date listed herein.
POSITION OPENING: Graduate Assistant, Sports Marketing
ORIGINAL POSTING DATE: October 2, 2012
SEARCH RE-OPENED: May 1, 2013
CLOSING DATE: May 31, 2013
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (Administrative)
POSITION SUMMARY: Assist with game day operations, creating press releases and keeping stats for all sporting events.
- Bachelor's degree with a 3.0 cumulative grade point average from a four-year college or university.
- Must be fully accepted into a master's Degree program at Wheeling Jesuit University. The position is contingent upon the candidate's actual enrollment in a master's program.
- Must be fluent with Microsoft Office Suite technologies.
- Desired technical fluencies include HTML, Adobe Photoshop, and website CMS.
- Experience working with NCAA statistical software and/or other statistical software preferred
- Prior experience with athletic and other event planning and promotion development and execution preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Assist with athletic publications for all athletic teams, including but not limited to schedule posters and cards, media guides, game day programs and feature stories.
- Assist with maintaining current team and individual statistics and distribute them to the WVIAC conference office, NCAA , and all media outlets.
- Assist with coordinating activities surrounding all home athletics contests including: promotion of event, site setup, and hosting visiting and local media.
- Responsible for staffing and managing all in-game operations for gametape exchange, statistics, live stats, scorekeeping, public address, scoreboard and timing of all athletic events.
- Distribute all statistical information before, during and after events to the media, official scorer, CardinalCast and Public Address announcers.
- Assist with maintaining the WJU athletic website.
- Assist with creating and distributing weekly athletic event schedule on campus and email campus community on all home games, cancellations, and make-up dates.
- Promote post season honors for outstanding athletes, coaches and administrator and submit them to the conference office.
- Other duties as assigned.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Application material must include:
- Letter of application describing your relevant experience
- Current resume
- A copy of your full acceptance letter into the Master’s Program at WJU
- Contact information for three to five references
Wheeling Jesuit University
Director of Human Resources or firstname.lastname@example.org
316 Washington Avenue
Wheeling WV 26003
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN