STATUS: Closed / Reviewing / Interviewing
POSITION OPENING: Graduate Assistant Swimming (2) DEPARTMENT: Athletics
DATE: January 17, 2014 POSITION: Part-time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (Administrative) CLOSING DATE: February 17, 2014
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides assistance to the Head Coach. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to recruiting, daily phone calls, talent identification, correspondence, on-deck coaching, administrative duties, and assisting with dry land/weight program.
- Bachelor's degree with a 3.0 cumulative grade point average from a four-year college or university.
- Must be fully accepted into a Master's Degree Program at Wheeling Jesuit University. The position is contingent upon the candidate's actual enrollment in a Master's Program.
- High level playing experience and exposure to professional coaching.
- NCAA Compliance Exam and a valid driverís license.
- Must demonstrate competence working in a team environment, strong leadership abilities, strong interpersonal and motivational skills, customer service orientation, and organizational awareness.
- Assist in recruiting swimming student athletes
- Assist in talent identification
- Handle swim team correspondence
- Participate in on-deck coaching of swimmers
- Perform administrative duties for swimming area
- Assists team members with dry land/weight program
- Other relevant duties may be assigned
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Application material must include:
- Letter of application describing your relevant experience
- Current resume
- A copy of your full acceptance letter into the Masterís Program at WJU
- Contact information for three to five references
Wheeling Jesuit University
Director of Human Resources or email@example.com
316 Washington Avenue
Wheeling WV 26003
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN