STATUS: Closed / Reviewing / Interviewing
POSITION OPENING: Graduate Assistant Track & Field DEPARTMENT: Athletics
DATE: July 22, 2014 POSITION: Part-time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (Administrative) CLOSING DATE: August 5, 2014
POSITION SUMMARY: Assist the head coach with the organization and successful operation of the Track & Field program
- Bachelor's degree with a 3.0 cumulative grade point average from a four-year college or university.
- Must be fully accepted into a Master's Degree program at Wheeling Jesuit University. The position is contingent upon the candidate's actual enrollment in a Master's Program.
- High level playing experience and exposure to professional coaching.
- NCAA Compliance Exam and a valid driverís license.
- Must demonstrate competence working in a team environment, strong leadership abilities, strong interpersonal and motivational skills, customer service orientation, and organizational awareness.
- Establish schedules
- Purchase and store uniforms
- Arrange for medical exams for student-athletes
- Prepare for home meets (game management)
- Publicize meets
- Coordinate recruiting
- Be available during posted office hours
- Other relevant duties may be assigned
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Application material must include:
- Letter of application describing your relevant experience
- Current resume
- A copy of your full acceptance letter into the Masterís Program at WJU
- Contact information for three to five references
Wheeling Jesuit University
Director of Human Resources or firstname.lastname@example.org
316 Washington Avenue
Wheeling WV 26003
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN