STATUS: Accepting applications through Closing Date listed herein.
POSITION OPENING: Graduate Assistant, Womenís Basketball
DATE: May 16, 2013
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (Administrative)
CLOSING DATE: June 14, 2013
POSITION SUMMARY: The graduate assistant will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of a successful Womenís Basketball team including travel, recruiting, film breakdown, individual workouts, and academic monitoring.
- Bachelor's degree with a 3.0 cumulative grade point average from a four-year college or university.
- Must be fully accepted into a Master's Degree Program at Wheeling Jesuit University. The position is contingent upon the candidate's actual enrollment in a Master's Program.
- High level of playing experience.
- Exposure to professional coaching
- NCAA Certification Exam
- Valid driverís license.
- Must demonstrate competence working in a team environment, strong interpersonal and motivational skills, customer service orientation, excellent organizational skills, work ethic, and communication skills.
- Assist in player development both on an individual and team basis.
- Assess squad and recognize different formations, technical and tactical possibilities, and training sessions and structure training and game situations accordingly. This requires extensive knowledge and experience of games.
- Assist with film breakdown prior to games.
- Arrange itinerary for team travel (transportation, food, lodging etc).
- Recognize individual talent for recruiting specific to team requirements through on-going assessment of team performance.
- Structure and participate in specific training and fitness techniques relative to the game.
- Make instant decisions in pressure game situations.
- Set role specific targets by assessing individual players. Inform players of their responsibilities, duties, roles.
- Assist with the Varsity team.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Application material must include:
- Letter of application describing your relevant experience
- A copy of your full acceptance letter into the Masterís Program at WJU
- Current resume
- Contact information for three to five references
Wheeling Jesuit University
Director of Human Resources or email@example.com
316 Washington Avenue
Wheeling WV 26003
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN