STATUS: Closed / Reviewing / Interviewing
POSITION OPENING: Housekeeper DEPARTMENT: Physical Plant
DATE: November 30, 2016 POSITION: Full-time
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt (Staff) CLOSING DATE: December 15, 2016
POSITION SUMMARY: Keep all offices, classrooms, residence halls, entrances, hallways, and restrooms in assigned area clean and neat.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; three months related experience and/or training preferred.
- Must be dependable, have a home or cell telephone in order to be reached if needed, and have reliable means of transportation to work.
- Must demonstrate competence working in a team environment, excellent customer service orientation, strong motivational skills, must be multi-task oriented and have the ability to meet deadlines.
- Some heavy lifting is required.
- This position is classified “emergency-essential” employee status. Housekeepers must always report to work in the event of severe weather or emergency conditions whether or not the university is closed unless notified otherwise.
- Commitment to implementing the vision, mission, and values of a Catholic, Jesuit, university.
- Primary responsibility: cleaning and maintaining assigned classrooms, offices, entrances, halls, stairwells, restrooms, and residence halls to University standards of cleanliness.
- Routine duties and expectations include:
- Working surfaces: dust and / or wash and sanitize phones, window sills, desk tops, table tops, adding machines, and computers daily in assigned areas.
- Other surfaces: straighten and wipe off chairs and desks; wipe of chalk / white boards; wipe off glass entrance doors and mirrors; dust blinds and curtains in assigned areas.
- Trash bins: empty trash bins and containers daily in assigned areas.
- Hallways: Mop / wax linoleum / tile floors, vacuum carpets according to scheduled intervals in assigned areas.
- Restrooms: Clean and sanitize daily; replenish paper and other supplies as needed; mop floors as needed; clean toilets and urinals; wipe stalls clean; fill machines; empty trash in restrooms in assigned areas.
- Stairwells, lobbies, entrances: sweep / mop / wax linoleum floors and vacuum carpets as needed; mop entrances regularly during inclement weather; clean glass daily in assigned areas.
- Lighting: Change bulbs (fluorescent or other) when necessary in assigned areas.
- Be available for regular and summer conference overtime as required.
- Take verbal and written orders from the supervisor or designee.
- Other relevant duties may be assigned by supervisor or designee.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Submit application materials using one of the following three options:
1.) Submit a letter of application, current resume, and contact information for references
Mail to: Wheeling Jesuit University
Director of Human Resources
316 Washington Avenue
Wheeling WV 26003
2.) Complete the Employment Application online
3.) Visit the Human Resources office located in Whelan Hall on the campus of WJU to complete an employment application. Office Hours: M – F 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
WHEELING JESUIT IS A CATHOLIC, JESUIT INSTITUTION DEDICATED TO PROVIDING STUDENTS WITH AN EDUCATION FOR “LIFE, LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE.”
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN