STATUS: Closed / Reviewing / Interviewing
POSITION OPENING: Janitor DEPARTMENT: Physical Plant
DATE: November 30, 2016 POSITION: Full-time
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt (Staff) CLOSING DATE: December 15, 2016
POSITION SUMMARY: Perform janitorial duties to ensure cleanliness and assist the physical plant with other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; three months related experience and/or training preferred.
- Must be dependable, have a home or cell telephone in order to be reached if needed, and have reliable means of transportation to work.
- Must demonstrate competence working in a team environment, excellent customer service orientation, strong motivational skills, must be multi-task oriented and have the ability to meet deadlines.
- Some heavy lifting is required.
- This position is classified “emergency-essential” employee status. Janitors must always report to work in the event of severe weather or emergency conditions whether or not the university is closed unless notified otherwise.
- Commitment to implementing the vision, mission, and values of a Catholic, Jesuit, university.
- Primarily responsible for:
- Cleaning assigned lounges, restrooms, stairwells, halls, and entrances to assigned buildings on assigned shifts;
- Sanitizing restroom facilities, replacing paper products, cleaning mirrors, and emptying trash;
- Stripping and mopping floors, shampooing carpets, washing glass, and running sweeper in assigned rooms, halls, entrances, and stairwells.
- Wiping and sanitizing desks and tables, wiping boards, and emptying trash in assigned classrooms.
- Assists in set-ups / tear-downs for major functions.
- Change lights (fluorescent or other) when necessary.
- Remain available for “call out” for snow removal, water breaks, special events, etc.
- Take verbal and written orders from the supervisor or designee.
- Other relevant duties may be assigned by supervisor or designee.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Submit application materials using one of the following three options:
1.) Submit a letter of application, current resume, and contact information for references
Mail to: Wheeling Jesuit University
Director of Human Resources
316 Washington Avenue
Wheeling WV 26003
2.) Complete the Employment Application online
3.) Visit the Human Resources office located in Whelan Hall on the campus of WJU to complete an employment application. Office Hours: M – F 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
WHEELING JESUIT IS A CATHOLIC, JESUIT INSTITUTION DEDICATED TO PROVIDING STUDENTS WITH AN EDUCATION FOR “LIFE, LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE.”
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN