POSITION OPENING: Security Officer DEPARTMENT: Campus Safety & Security
DATE: August 28, 2015 POSITION: Full-time
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt (Staff) CLOSING DATE: September 11, 2015
POSITION SUMMARY: Serve and protect the students, employees, visitors, and property of Wheeling Jesuit University. Serves as a source of information after regular office hours.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; one to three months experience and/or training preferred
- A valid driver’s license is required for this position, First Aid/ CPR/AED offered upon hiring. Officer must learn to drive security cart.
- Ability to interact well with people, write comprehensive reports, work independently, and follow detailed instructions.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent customer service skills and have strong organizational awareness.
- The successful candidate must be accessible by phone.
- Locks or unlocks building doors in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate log sheet and reports.
- Remains updated with special notice clipboard and updates as required.
- Secures buildings and prevents unauthorized individuals from entering buildings. Issues parking tickets and enforces all traffic rules.
- Remains visible and assists students, employees, and visitors on campus.
- Assists all emergency and fire personnel as needed.
- Responds to all calls for assistance.
- Checks all maintenance calls.
- Shuts off and checks electrical panels and resets switches and water valves when needed.
- Becomes certified in First Aid, CPR and AED.
- The work hours may vary and may encompass all shifts.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Application material must include:
- Letter of application describing your relevant experience
- Current resume
- Contact information for three to five references
Wheeling Jesuit University
Director of Human Resources or firstname.lastname@example.org
316 Washington Avenue
Wheeling WV 26003
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN