STATUS: Closed / Reviewing / Interviewing
POSITION OPENING: Sports Information Director (SID) DEPARTMENT: Athletics
DATE: August 12, 2014 POSITION: Full-time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (Administrative) CLOSING DATE: August 26, 2014
POSITION SUMMARY: The Sports Information Director will work for the Office of Athletics and in conjunction with Public Relations to promote and integrate Cardinal Athletics into both the University and the community-at-large.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in sports information, journalism, sports management or communications.
- One (1) to three (3) years direct experience.
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office, Sidearm, HTML, Adobe software products, and LIVE Stat software.
- Demonstrated ability in preparing and disseminating news releases, developing media guides and compiling and releasing accurate statistics.
- Ability to travel and work night, weekend and holidays.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated and autonomous, team-oriented, customer-service driven, and punctual.
- Develop annual strategies and calendar to achieve institutional objectives, connecting Cardinal Athletics with the institutional mission and vision.
- Record and archive statistical information for all sports teams; delivery of statistical information to the NCAA, conference, head coach, Hall of Fame committee or interested party as required.
- Provide live game statistics for each athletic contest as required by the NCAA and conference and post statistics and results in compliance with NCAA and conference requirements. Train and oversee a staff of interns or student workers to assist with game statistics.
- Maintain the athletic website including changes, edits, and deletions; post news and events in a timely manner to the website and media outlets.
- Develop clear, consistent and timely messages, which will increase the visibility and perceived value of Cardinal Athletics to both the University and community at-large; write and disseminate games stories, news and promotional releases involving WJU athletic teams and athletic events on campus.
- Provide announcers, scoreboard operators, and statisticians in support of game management for each scheduled athletic contest.
- Undertake an aggressive media visitation schedule in the local / tri-state region to build better contacts with media sports departments to increase their familiarity with WJU and athletics.
- Develop and articulate a social media plan for each Cardinal Athletic team.
- Develop materials including media guides, schedule cards, posters, and event programs; schedule and execute media days for all sports and respond to all sports media and photographic inquiries and other public relations tasks as determined or assigned.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Application material must include:
- Letter of application describing your relevant experience & salary requirement
- Current resume
- Contact information for three to five professional references
Wheeling Jesuit University
Director of Human Resources or email@example.com
316 Washington Avenue
Wheeling WV 26003
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN