STATUS: Closed / Reviewing / Interviewing
POSITION OPENING: Sports Information Director (SID) DEPARTMENT: Athletics
DATE: December 11, 2014 POSITION: Full-time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (Administrative) CLOSING DATE: January 12, 2015
POSITION SUMMARY: The Sports Information Director will work for the Office of Athletics and in conjunction with the University’s Public Relations department to promote and integrate Cardinal Athletics into both the University and the community-at-large. A start date is negotiable.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in sports information, journalism, sports management, or communications
- One (1) to three (3) years direct experience
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Social Media Outlets, Sidearm, Adobe software products, and LIVE Stat software
- Develop good long-lasting working relationships with all members of the media
- Demonstrated ability in preparing and disseminating news releases, developing media guides and compiling and releasing accurate statistics
- Ability to travel and work nights, weekends and holidays
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and autonomous, team-oriented, customer-service driven, and punctual
- Develop annual strategies and calendar to achieve institutional objectives, connecting Cardinal Athletics with the institutional mission and vision.
- Develop clear, consistent and timely messages, which will increase the visibility and perceived value of Cardinal Athletics to both the University and community at-large; write and disseminate games stories, news and promotional releases involving WJU athletic teams and athletic events on campus.
- Ability to photograph athletic events.
- Provide live game statistics for each athletic contest as required by the NCAA and conference and record/post statistics and results in compliance with NCAA and conference requirements. Train and oversee a staff of interns or student workers to assist with game statistics.
- Develop materials including media guides, schedule cards, posters, and event programs; schedule and execute media days for all sports and respond to all sports media and photographic inquiries and other public relations tasks as determined or assigned.
- Maintain the athletic website including changes, edits, and deletions; post news and events in a timely manner to the website and disseminate to media in timely manner.
- Undertake an aggressive media visitation schedule in the local / tri-state region to build better contacts with media sports departments to increase their familiarity with WJU and athletics.
- Develop and articulate a social media plan for each Cardinal Athletic team and work with coaches to implement.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Application material must include:
- Letter of application describing your relevant experience & salary requirement
- Current resume
- Contact information for three to five professional references
Wheeling Jesuit University
Director of Human Resources or email@example.com
316 Washington Avenue
Wheeling WV 26003
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN