STATUS: Closed / Reviewing / Interviewing
POSITION OPENING: Student Teacher Supervisor DEPARTMENT: Professional Education
DATE: August 18, 2014 POSITION: Part-time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (Administrator) CLOSING DATE: August 26, 2014
POSITION SUMMARY: The Student Teacher Supervisor is responsible for observing, monitoring, assisting, and providing feedback to Wheeling Jesuit University student teachers during their required semester-long placements in Kindergarten-Grade 12 schools.
- Master’s degree in Education—Ed.D. preferred.
- Five to eight years of experience in Education Administration or a combination of years of teaching experience and advanced degree.
- Must be highly proficient in written and oral communication.
- Ability to interact effectively with persons at all organizational levels is essential.
- Must be highly self-directed, well-organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable completing tasks with minimum of direct supervision.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple activities simultaneously while completing assigned tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Establish a framework that ensures high-quality student-teaching experiences for Wheeling Jesuit University (WJU) teacher candidates, including supervision, resolution of issues, background checks, development and/or utilization of appropriate forms, and submission of all required reports and paperwork.
- Observe each student teacher a minimum of two times per placement (unless otherwise designated by the PED Director, including consultation with each cooperating teacher).
- Make recommendations for and/or assist with attaining appropriate student-teaching placements and other field placements as appropriate.
- Provide orientation sessions with each group of student teachers prior to their placements.
- Ensure that the Student Teaching Handbook is current, contains all relevant information, and is disseminated to all student teachers each semester.
- Submit appropriate travel and expense forms per WJU guidelines, with mileage expenses being calculated from WJU unless otherwise approved.
- Assist the director of the Professional Education Department in ensuring the program meets state and national accreditation standards.
- Assist the director of the Professional Education Department in the preparation for program reviews by external accrediting bodies, as well as for other PED-related initiatives.
- Develop positive working relationships with teachers, principals, and central office officials in schools or school districts in which WJU student teachers may be placed, following all school policies and rules.
- Work with designated personnel to maintain the established, systematic method and timeline for the collection, summarization, analysis, communication, and use of data for student and program improvement.
- Work either on campus or in the field the percentage of time designated in the employee contract.
- Work collaboratively PED and WJU personnel, cooperating teachers, mentor teachers, school administrators, and others for student and program improvement.
- Assist teacher candidates to achieve program completion and licensure eligibility.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Application material must include:
- Letter of application describing your relevant experience
- Current resume
- Contact information for three to five professional references
Wheeling Jesuit University
Director of Human Resources or firstname.lastname@example.org
316 Washington Avenue
Wheeling WV 26003
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN