Date to be reviewed:
|Chief of Staff|
Employees should not be engaged in outside employment which provides a conflict of interest or directly interferes with an employee's performance.
2.0 POLICY STATEMENT
- "Employment" - Includes employment with another organization, consulting, self-employment, etc. whether on a voluntary nature or for pay.
- "Conflict of Interest" - Refers to a situation in which an employee has a vested interest sufficient to appear to influence the objective exercise of that employee's duties as a professional within the University.
- Full-time and part-time employees who wish to engage in any form of outside employment are required to notify their immediate supervisor and, if there appears to be a conflict of interest, have written permission from the immediate supervisor.
- At all times, employees are expected to maintain a satisfactory level of performance in their University job.
2.3 Conflict of Interest
- Employees must refer to the University's non-disclosure statement if applicable and any confidentiality requirements specified in their offer letters.
- In all cases, the University prohibits the performance of non-University work while on the job or with University equipment and/or supplies.
2.4 Community Involvement
Nothing in this policy is meant to interfere with the University's desire to encourage staff members to take part in civic, church and other public services where opportunities to exhibit good citizenship are present.
The Director of Human Resources has the authority to change, modify or approve exceptions to this policy at any time with or without notice and with the approval of the University President.
Information Security Policy