Wheeling Jesuit's Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy
It is the policy of Wheeling Jesuit University, Inc. (WJU) to respect the legitimate rights of copyright owners. WJU expects all members of its community and users of any part of its information technology resources to comply with U.S. copyright laws. Violators may be subject to disciplinary action according to WJU policy, including under appropriate circumstances, termination of authorization to use WJU information technology resources.
In accordance with the Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512 (DMCA), WJU has designated an agent to receive notification of any alleged copyright infringement. If you believe that your copyrighted work is being infringed, please notify our designated agent as specified below. Upon receiving notice of claimed infringement, WJU will follow the procedures required by the DMCA. All claims will be forwarded to the appropriate web content manager within the WJU community.
Please note: this agent has been designated to receive notice of copyright infringement and is not the correct person to answer requests for copyright permission. For more information, please see WJU's general copyright policy.
Christopher T. Kreger
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act requires that all infringement claims must be in writing and must include all of the following information:
1. A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work, including a list and description of the work or works claimed to have been infringed;
3. A description of the allegedly infringing material including information reasonably sufficient to permit WJU to locate the material;
4. Reasonably sufficient contact information for the complaining party, including mailing address, telephone number, and email;
5. A statement by the complaining party that it has a good faith belief that use of the material in the matter complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and,
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
WJU Response Procedure
If WJU's designated agent is notified of claimed copyright infringement, or otherwise becomes aware of a possible infringement, WJU will respond by promptly removing, or disabling access to, the allegedly infringing material. WJU will then proceed according to the requirements of the DMCA.
Calendar | President's Welcome | Virtual Campus Tour | Services | Financial Aid | Campus Directory | Apply Online
© 2013 Wheeling Jesuit University, Inc. 316 Washington Avenue Wheeling West Virginia 26003 (800) 624-6992 Legal
Website Powered by ActiveCampus Software by Datatel