Dr. Mary Scott Railing
- 1997-present Assistant Professor, Wheeling Jesuit University
- 1995-1996 Chair, Department of Chemistry and Biology
- 1992-1996 Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Wheeling Jesuit College
- 1991-1992 Graduate Research Assistant, West Virginia University
- 1986-1991 Graduate Teaching Assistant, West Virginia University
- 1986 Graduate Teaching Assistant, Chatham College, Pittsburgh
- 1984-1985 Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Pittsburgh
- Ph.D. Organic Chemistry, 1993, West Virginia University
-Thesis Advisor: Professor Plato A. Magriotis
-Thesis Title: "Total Synthesis of the Bicyclic Core of the Neocarzinostantin Chromophore"
- M.S. Organic Chemistry, 1986, University of Pittsburgh
-Thesis Advisor: Professor Russell Petter
-Thesis Title: "Investigations of Bicyclo[4.1.0]heptane and Spiro[2.4]heptane as Free Radical Clocks in Metalloporphyrin Catalyzed Hydroxylations"
- B.S. Chemistry, 1984, Chatham College, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- "A Novel Approach to the Synthesis of Enediynes," Magriotis, P.A., Scott, M.E., Kim, K.D. Tet. Lett. 1991, 32, 6085.
- "A Highly Selective Synthesis of Versatile (E)-1-Phenylthio Vinylstannanes," Magriotis, P.A., Brown, J.T. and Scott, M.E., Tet. Lett. 1991, 32, 5047.
- "Novel Generation of Conjugated Alkynyl Ketenes: Efficient Synthesis of ту -Alkynyl Lactones," Magriotis, P.A., Vourloumis, D., Scott, M.E., Tarli, A., Tet.Lett. 1993, 34, 2071.
- "A Novel Approach to the Synthesis of Enediynes," Magriotis, P.A., Scott, M.E., The 201st National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Atlanta, Georgia, 1991
- WV EPSCoR/NSF Grant "Chemical Communication in Biological Systems"
- American Chemical Society
- Mid-Atlantic Association of Liberal Arts Chemistry Teachers
- Phi Lambda Upsilon, National Chemistry Fraternity
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant - 1990, 1988, 1987.
- College of Arts and Sciences Doctoral Fellowship -1989, 1988, 1987, 1986.
- John H. Trotter Scholarship - 1987
- Society of Analytical Chemists, Pittsburgh Award - 1983