Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan is a federal loan available to graduate students based on a credit check. This loan, in combination with other aid, cannot exceed educational costs as determined by Wheeling Jesuit University.
- Student must have a completed FAFSA on file for the current academic year
- Student must be enrolled at least half-time in a graduate program
- Student borrower must be a U.S citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Student borrower must pass a required credit check
- Student borrower must complete the Graduate PLUS Loan Application (below)
- Student borrower must complete the Graduate PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note (below)
In order to receive a Graduate PLUS award, you must complete both the application and promissory note procedures listed below. Wheeling Jesuit University will be notified if there is a positive result from the credit check. This process can take up to 3 weeks. Upon notice of credit approval and confirmation of your electronic Graduate PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note, Wheeling Jesuit will disburse the funds to your account.