If transfering has crossed your mind, we can help. With more than 30 undergraduate programs, you'll have many options for enhancing your education. Learn more about our transfer process, scholarhip opportunities and campus life.
General Transfer Policies
- Transfer candidates may be asked to submit an official high school transcript if less than 15 post-secondary credits have been completed.
- Transfer credit is only awarded for course work completed at accredited institutions in which a student earned a grade of C or higher. Grades of C- are not accepted.
- For those students who have earned an Associate in Science Degree or an Associate of Arts Degree from a regionally accredited institution, the University will waive the core with the exception of three courses in the areas of Philosophy and Theology.
- Wheeling Jesuit University accepts credits only. The computation of a student's grade point average will begin with courses taken at the WJU.
- All transcripts, credentials, and documents released to Wheeling Jesuit University become the property of Wheeling Jesuit University and cannot be returned or forwarded to a third party.
- The number of credits granted for a given course cannot exceed the number on the transcript from the school where they are earned, nor can it exceed the number earned in the corresponding course at Wheeling Jesuit University.
- Full-time students are classified as follows:
Freshman - less than 27 semester hours
Sophomore - minimum of 27 semester hours
Junior - minimum of 60 semester hours
Senior - minimum of 90 semester hours
- A minimum of 45 institutional credits must be completed and are required for degree completion from Wheeling Jesuit University. These credits must be earned at Wheeling Jesuit University.
- A minimum of 18 institutional credit hours must be completed at Wheeling Jesuit University in a particular major to receive the degree.