- The Conference Program Committee welcomes abstracts from a variety of scholars, service providers, support staff, administrators, participants, and others interested in an exchange of current practices in setting firmly lessons learned, spiritual growth, and commitment among participants of service immersion experiences. The Committee is interested in the broad range of issues that arise and methods employed to mitigate these issues.
- Abstracts should be for oral or poster presentations that address one or more of the following questions:
• How are immersion participants affected by the experience?
• In what ways are their attitudes and priorities changed?
• What decisions are made, or actions taken, to promote justice?
• What can improve the long-term impact of the immersion experience?
• How can we measure these effects and efforts?
- The hope of the Committee is that the proposals lead to significant dialog, and the conference will be designed to facilitate such discussion.
- Abstracts should be submitted as Microsoft Word documents and be no longer than one page (12-point font, 1-inch margins), including the title, presenter, co-authors, and institution(s). Deadline for submission is March 1, 2013. Abstracts will be reviewed by the Conference Program Committee, and notification of acceptance will be emailed by April 15, 2013.
- Please email abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org and make "Abstract" the subject line.