Guidelinbes for Submitting a Photo
Photos not used in a particular week may be kept for future use. All photos displayed on the site are available in the archives.
- Please take your photo with a digital camera. Submissions that are taken with cell phone cameras or are otherwise low-quality may not be used.
- Crop your photo to 520 pixels wide and 225 pixels high. NOTE: If you do not have the necessary software, send it in the raw format and we will crop it for you! All photos must be at least 350 pixels wide and 150 pixels high. All photos must use no more than 5 MB in storage space.
- Send your photo to email@example.com using your WJU e-mail account. No photos will be accepted from outside e-mail addresses!
- Include the following information in the e-mail message:
- Your Name
- University affiliation (position or class year)
- Date photo was taken
- Short caption describing the photo
Terms for Submitting a Photo ("Terms")
By submitting a photo to Wheeling Jesuit University ("University"):
- You represent and warrant that you own the Photo and/or that you have the right to use and permit the University to use the Photo as described in these Terms. Without limiting the general nature of the prior sentence, if any of your Photos are (and/or contain items that are) subject to copyright, patent, confidentiality, privacy, trade secret, or other restriction, you are certifying that you either hold such rights and/or that you have obtained appropriate permission from the owner(s) of such rights necessary for the University to use the Photo as described in these Terms; and
- You represent and warrant that to the extent there are any identifiable persons referenced and/or appearing in your Photo, you have secured the written consent of any and all such persons necessary, in the form of a photo release (DOC), to allow the University to make use of the Photos as described in these Terms; and
- You represent and warrant that the Photo is accurate and true and that any and all photographs included in the Photo are in their original state and have not been altered by you other than for purposes of resizing or saving into a different format; and
- You hereby grant to the University a world-wide, perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, irrevocable right and license to publish, display, reproduce, distribute, sublicense, prepare derivative works of, telecast and otherwise use the Photo, in whole or in part, in any manner or media format in furtherance of the University's purposes or activities as the University sees fit, including for purposes of general publicity or promotional advancement of the University and/or products or services made available through it; and
- You waive any right that you may have to inspect or approve the manner in which the Photo will be used by the University; and
- You understand and agree that University is not obligated to make use of your Photo (however, to the extent it does, you agree that no compensation is due to you because of such use); and
- to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless University, its trustees, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees and costs) arising from:
Yyou represent and warrant to the University that you are at least 18 years old and have every right to contract in your own name and to enter into and comply with these Terms; and
- Your violation (or alleged violation) of any of these Terms or of any rights of any third party (including but not limited to any claims of infringement or violation of any intellectual property or privacy rights), and/or
- the submission and/or use of your Photo by or on behalf of the University as contemplated in these Terms. You also agree that your obligation to defend and indemnify the University will continue indefinitely following your submission of any Photo, even if you stop using the University web site through which you submitted your Photo; and
- You agree that the University may modify these terms from time to time, so it is important that you review these terms each and every time you submit a Photo.