Wheeling Jesuit's Criminal Justice major prepares you for entrance to a broad range of careers that demand effective writing, speaking, and critical thinking skills. This major offers a solid, rigorous course of instruction in criminal justice that will allow you to successfully compete after graduation, whether you decide to pursue graduate school, law school, or employment opportunities.
Upon completion of the Criminal Justice program, students will be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Exhibit familiarity with basic concepts, such as justice, crime, and criminality.
- Explain the operations of the Criminal Justice System and how the various subsystems are interrelated.
- Explain the theoretical underpinnings of crime, victimization, and punishment.
- Understand, as both consumers and producers, the intricacies of the research process, as well as being able to design and implement a research project.
- Successfully complete a practical field experience with a Criminal Justice or related agency.